Six New Profit investments have joined the just-launched ServeAYear.org campaign.
They are part of eighteen of the country’s leading non-profit organizations that have come together today in a campaign led by ServiceNation. “The campaign aims to inspire millions of Americans to serve by enlisting the voices of prominent leaders from both political parties, the entertainment industry, digital partners, major companies, leading nonprofits, and AmeriCorps alumni. The ultimate goal is simple, but ambitious: We envision a day when young Americans turn to each other and ask, ‘Where will your year of national service be?’ ”
In the coming months, Americans interested in a year of service will be able to visit the campaign website, www.serveAyear.org. On that site, they will learn about how AmeriCorps programs are tackling some of our nation’s toughest problems — from disaster relief and veteran reintegration to college access and childhood nutrition — and about the organizations that are on the ground doing the work. The campaign breaks these issue areas down to nine “Pillars” and has details on how someone could get involved by serving a year doing any of the following:
- Responding after a disaster with Rebuilding Together and St. Bernard Project
- Fighting poverty with Habitat for Humanity and LIFT
- Creating a healthier America with FoodCorps and National Health Corps
- Building lifelong readers with Reading Partners and Reading Corps
- Empowering young leaders with YouthBuild USA and The Corps Network
- Inspiring students’ interest in STEM with Citizen Schools and FIRST
- Reducing barriers to student success with College Possible, City Year, and Playworks
- Teaching with Teach For America
- Empowering veterans with Vet Corps
Along with the campaign’s National Strategic Partner, AmeriCorps Alums.
New Profit’s community members who are part of the launch include:
4 current investments
2 past investments
Teach For America
8 America Forward Coalition Members
Teach For America
The Corps Network
Kudos to all involved!
For move about the launch visit: http://www.serveayear.org/
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.