Here’s five social innovation links we are clicking on today:
- Huffington Post: Solving the World’s Biggest Problems Takes Ensembles, Not Soloists Jeffery Walker of The Generosity Network on the importance of focusing on bringing together the teams of organizations and individuals that must collaborate to address problems. He mentions New Profit as an example of an organization that has recognized the need for collaborative teams to tackle the biggest challenges humanity faces, and is building partnerships of this kind.
- Huffington Post: My Mother’s Influence: Why We Must Recognize Personal Relationships Mauricio Miller, Founder and CEO of Family Independence Initiative, shares how his experience at New Profit’s 2011 Gathering of Leaders reflected his belief that “those people at the center of our upbringing need to be seen and supported as the primary providers of what we need to grow and thrive. Emotional support–love–is the first building block and that needs to be reinforced and supported, and then carried forward out into the world.” New Profit is a proud funder of The Family Independence Initiative.
- Politico Influence: America Forward Brings on Two Politico Influence shares that America Forward, New Profit’s nonpartisan policy arm, has hired former White House staffer Lexi Barrett as policy director and Nicole Truhe as government affairs director.
- New Profit Blog: America Forward Part of Team That Will Receive New Social Innovation Fund Grant On Wednesday, the Corporation for National and Community Service announced nearly $12 million in grants to 8 grantees as part of the Social Innovation Fund’s Pay for Success Competition to develop and scale Pay for Success (PFS) approaches and projects across the country. America Forward is excited to be a partner in this first-of-its-kind grant program that aims to build capacity among local governments and nonprofit service providers to take on new Pay for Success programs and deliver strong outcomes and accountability. America Forward and New Profit are partnering with Coalition member Third Sector Capital Partners on a larger grant of $1.9 million. With the grant, Third Sector will select several local governments as sub-recipients to explore and use Pay for Success to address local challenges. America Forward will be working to educate state and local policymakers on the competition and broader issues relating to Pay for Success.
- SSIR: Making “What Works” Work for More People
Michael Smith, director of the Social Innovation Fund, shares learnings from his interviews with two nonprofit leaders – Lois Loofbourrow of Breakthrough Collaborative, and Bob Giannino of uAspire – to convey the challenges and opportunities associated with scaling effective solutions.
Previous Article America Forward Part of Team That Will Receive New Social Innovation Fund Grant October 3, 2014 < Next Article Boston Globe Op-Ed Highlights Pay For Success October 3, 2014 >
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.