Here’s five social innovation links we are clicking on today:
- Amplify: SOTU Cheat Sheet From America Forward “Last night, President Obama delivered his sixth State of the Union address, which focused heavily on income inequality, education, and strengthening the middle class. Below are selected highlights of the speech from America Forward, a nonpartisan initiative of New Profit that advocates for public policy to catalyze social innovation and social entrepreneurship.”
- LinkedIn: Thinking Differently About 2015 The latest “Thinking Differently” post from Vanessa Kirsch as she looks at the year ahead in social innovation.
- The Huffington Post: Anthony Mendez, Formerly Homeless Teen, Went From Shelter To Michelle Obama’s SOTU Guest “Mendez, a freshman at the University of Hartford, is being recognized by Obama for overcoming many obstacles on his way to becoming the first member of his family to graduate from high school, according to the White House.”
- Educators 4 Excellence: 2015 State of the Classroom “The past year has been an exciting and turbulent time for classrooms across New York State. With the continued implementation of the Common Core standards and teacher evaluation, educators and students have been challenged to meet high expectations. Implementing any new program can be a challenge, particularly across 695 districts and 4,788 schools, with over 2.5 million students. As educators we see challenges not as problems, but as teachable moments. Below, we lay out the state of the classroom – a look at what is working and what can be improved in New York’s schools.” New Profit is a proud funder and partner of Educators 4 Excellence.
- Teach For America: There Is a Dire Need for Hispanic Teachers, and Other Reasons Why I Joined Teach For America Teach For America alum Dante Roldan writes about why he joined TFA as well as some of his experiences as a corp member. Teach For America is a past New Profit portfolio organization.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.